Transcript Requests

Ordering Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts may be viewed by current students through the Hollins Information System. There are three ways to order official transcripts from Hollins University. Please see request guidelines below.

Effective immediately we are no longer able to accept credit cards as a method of payment due to changes in federal regulations.  If you need to use a credit card you will need to utilize the National Student Clearinghouse (see option 1 below).

1. National Student Clearinghouse Online Transcript Ordering

Hollins University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card.

Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.

  • To order official transcript(s), login to the National Student Clearinghouse.
  • The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
  • Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.

If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, contact (703) 742-7791

2. In Person at the Registrar’s Office

We are located on the lower level of Main Building: office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.

  • You must complete a transcript request (which is also available on-line), which requires your signature.
  • Payment of $10.00 per each official transcript may be made by check, cash, or money order.  All checks or money orders need to be made payable to Hollins University.
  • Email us with questions or concerns at

3. By Mail to the Registrar’s Office

  • Address: Hollins University, Box 9708, 7916 Williamson Rd Roanoke, VA 24020
  • Download a transcript request – please read carefully, print and complete required information, sign and mail to address on form.
  • Official transcripts are $10.00 each. Payment may be made by check, money order or cash.  All checks or money orders need to be made payable to Hollins University.

Request Guidelines

If you are unable to access the transcript request, a written request will be accepted with the following information. We do not fax or email transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are for current students and on-campus use only.

To Request a Transcript: A written and signed request form/letter must contain the following information:

  • Full name used while attending the college/university
  • Signature (required)
  • Social Security Number
  • Year graduated or attended
  • Current address, phone number and e-mail address
  • Number of copies and complete mailing address for transcripts to be mailed
  • Mail request form with payment of $10.00 for each official transcript to: Registrar’s Office, Hollins University,  Box 9708, 7916 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24020

Cash, check, or money orders will be accepted. For expedited service, transcripts may be sent via overnight mail via UPS only if ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.  If the information supplied in the request is not complete, the Registrar’s Office will contact the student.

Transcripts are reproduced by a process that reduces the probability of undetected alterations. Authentication must include seal, signature/title of the certifying official, and date of certification. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, transcripts are issued only at the student’s written and signed request.

Definition of Terms

  • Official transcript. A dated copy of a student’s permanent academic record that includes the seal of the University and the signature of the registrar.
  • Unofficial transcriptA working copy of a current student’s permanent academic record for use on campus by the student or an appropriate college official.
  • Certifying Official. The registrar is the certifying official for issuing transcripts.
  • Student. Current student or alumnae of Hollins College/University.
  • Release of TranscriptAn official copy of a transcript with an Academic Standards key is sent by first class mail directly to school/institutions and other organizations, or to the student upon the written and signed request of the student. The envelope of a transcript is stamped “Transcript Enclosed Unofficial If Seal Is Broken“. Official transcripts are not released until it is ascertained that the student has settled all accounts with the University and is not delinquent in University loan programs. A facsimile (faxed) transcript is not permitted due to security, data transmission, and privacy considerations. The Registrar’s Office attempts to process all transcript requests in a courteous, efficient and timely manner, usually within 72 hours.
  • Parental RequestTranscripts will not be released to parents without the student’s signed, written request.
  • Request for Unofficial TranscriptUnofficial transcripts are available for current students only.  Faculty or staff may request an unofficial transcript of a current student. There is no charge for unofficial transcripts. Students requesting an unofficial transcript for a faculty member will need to fill out a Transcript Request Form. If a faculty member calls to request a transcript, a form does not need to be filled out by the student.
  • “Holds” from the Business Office. If the student’s record shows a “hold”, the Business Office is contacted to learn the nature of the hold. Students are contacted (by telephone or email) to inform them of the hold and they are asked to contact the Business Office directly. The Registrar’s Office does not discuss the nature of the hold with the student.
  • Billing. Payment must be received before transcripts will be processed.